Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15 Scheduled Notification Summaries

Is there any setting that I am missing that controls the viewing of the individual notifications being delivered via the new 'scheduled notification summary' on the lock screen? The summary appears on the lock screen, with the number of notifications included in the summary, yet there is no way of expanding/viewing the underlying individual notifications without unlocking the phone. Also, there is no way of clearing the summary without first unlocking the phone (via Touch ID in my case).

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 2:11 PM

To see a preview of all notifications, set the show previews option in notification settings to always. To expand your notifications, you have to unlock your iPhone, but if you don't click the home button (Just rest your finger on the button), you can stay on the Lock Screen of your phone and see the summary expanded.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 2:11 PM in response to bazilh

To see a preview of all notifications, set the show previews option in notification settings to always. To expand your notifications, you have to unlock your iPhone, but if you don't click the home button (Just rest your finger on the button), you can stay on the Lock Screen of your phone and see the summary expanded.

Oct 11, 2021 12:41 PM in response to caedmon65

I already have the 'show preview option' set to always. I just don't understand how, on the lock screen, I can't expand the notification summary to show all the underlying notifications (5 notifications for example) and interact with them as I can with all other lock screen notifications that are not part of the scheduled summary. The notifications not part of the summary can be expanded if there are multiple 'stacked' on top of each other, in addition to being cleared/deleted either one by one or many at one time. The need to 'unlock' the phone to expand and clear the notifications contained within the summary is an additional step that should not be required.

iOS 15 Scheduled Notification Summaries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.