Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic move - force object matching

In PowerPoint with the Morph Transition, you can name different objects with the same name that starts with !!, like "!! Object 1" and "!! Object 2" and as long as you use those names the same on the next slide, when you use a morph transition, it will force them to 'morph' or at least move to the correct positions on a slide while they cross dissolve. The !! code doesn't seem to work in keynote and I can't find anything in any of the support documents. Does Keynote just not have this feature? Or any thing similar? I'd love to have a way to do it within Keynote, rather than having to use PowerPoint.

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 10:20 AM

Yup. Again, I use keynote all the time and use Magic Move frequently. I am simply looking for a feature correlation with PowerPoint that will force object matching. That is not the name of a feature, it is what I want it to do.

in PowerPoint you name different objects on different slides with the same name preceded by !! And it will force those objects to match when doing a PowerPoint Morph transition.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2021 10:20 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Yup. Again, I use keynote all the time and use Magic Move frequently. I am simply looking for a feature correlation with PowerPoint that will force object matching. That is not the name of a feature, it is what I want it to do.

in PowerPoint you name different objects on different slides with the same name preceded by !! And it will force those objects to match when doing a PowerPoint Morph transition.

Magic move - force object matching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.