Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks: toolbar not disappearing after updating to iPadOS 15

Hi,

After updating to iPad Os 15 found out that the UI in Apple Books does not disappears like it used to.

Before the update, I could tap in the center of the page layout and the toolbar (the user interface containing progress bar, bookmark icon, font options…) would immediately hide.

Already tried reinstalling Apple Books and updating to Os 15.0.1, but problem persists.

Anyone experiencing the same issue? Pretty annoying this toolbar while reading.

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 9:40 AM

I reported this bug to iPhone feedback team:

"After updating to iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 over update preferences panel - UI toolbar in Apple Books application is not hiding after touching screen center. Other users also reports this problem."

13 replies

Nov 6, 2021 8:22 AM in response to mattia072

Hi, i’m experiencing the same exact problem. Apple Support told me that they are not really familiar with the problem but when I kept asking they told me a ‘few’ people experienced it but not that much that it was a big issue for them. The weird thing is that I did a complete reset today and installed the app and everything was working fine and the statusbar disappeared when I tapped on a page in iBooks, but when I restored my iPhone (13 pro max) with the backup i made before uninstalling, the same exact problem immediately appeared. By the way the statusbar problem appears on every iOS 15 update and also on the newest on my iPhone.

iBooks: toolbar not disappearing after updating to iPadOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.