Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch connection

So I’ve had my Apple Watch 3 for over a year and had no problem with it connecting to my phone. However, in the last month, I find I have to restart my watch and re-pair it every day if I want my watch to control my music from my phone (and that doesn’t even last all day)

I have restarted both devices; reset the watch and re-paired it multiple times. yet nothing seems to be working.

what else can I do because re-pairing the watch every day is not the solution

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 8:39 AM

I agree that is not the solution. Did this problem happen shortly after updating your iPhone/watch?

FWIW, all I can suggest (if you haven't already) is unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup. (Simply unpairing and pairing again may not work.)

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Other than that, you might make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them look at it. If that is not possible, use the online Apple Support option. They have diagnostics that they can run to try to isolate the problem.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2021 8:39 AM in response to Ashurii77

I agree that is not the solution. Did this problem happen shortly after updating your iPhone/watch?

FWIW, all I can suggest (if you haven't already) is unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup. (Simply unpairing and pairing again may not work.)

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Other than that, you might make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them look at it. If that is not possible, use the online Apple Support option. They have diagnostics that they can run to try to isolate the problem.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple Watch connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.