Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

excel to pages

I am trying to switch over from PC to MAC.

I am learning Pages and have quit Excel

however, Excel has just reinserted itself.

It has no "export" with which I can save

excel docs in Pages.

Is there a way to do this?

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 10:11 AM

Apple's Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are not clones of Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, so do not expect all of Excel's functionality to be translated into Numbers. Not all of Numbers features are supported in Pages tables either, though you can copy/paste a Numbers sheet into a Pages table.

Don't rule out a screen capture of the Excel spreadsheet, and then drag/drop that image into a Pages document and rotate it 90 degrees.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2021 10:11 AM in response to A3S4K

Apple's Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are not clones of Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, so do not expect all of Excel's functionality to be translated into Numbers. Not all of Numbers features are supported in Pages tables either, though you can copy/paste a Numbers sheet into a Pages table.

Don't rule out a screen capture of the Excel spreadsheet, and then drag/drop that image into a Pages document and rotate it 90 degrees.

Oct 9, 2021 9:01 AM in response to A3S4K

Pages is a word-processing and page layout program, more akin to Microsoft Word than to Excel. As far as I'm aware it won't open spreadsheet documents.

Numbers (also an iWork application) opens Excel spreadsheets, although there may be differences in formatting and fonts, and some more complex Excel equations may not be available in Numbers.

I would try saving your Excel spreadsheets as ordinary .xlsx files and then opening them on your Mac using Numbers.

excel to pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.