Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps are silent on charge in my car

How on earth do i get apple maps to speak to me when my iPhone is plugged into my car charger in an old car , not via Bluetooth etc, help, it's driving me crazy. I don't want to go to the dark side, Google! Help please

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 1:25 PM

Hey spaniel53,

From our understanding, you're not getting any audio from the Maps app when iPhone is connected to car via USB. Do you experiencing similar issues with other apps such as the Music app? If so, follow the steps in the section labeled "Connect using USB playback" here: How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car.

Here's another article that may interest you: Get driving directions in Maps on iPhone

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2021 1:25 PM in response to spaniel53

Hey spaniel53,

From our understanding, you're not getting any audio from the Maps app when iPhone is connected to car via USB. Do you experiencing similar issues with other apps such as the Music app? If so, follow the steps in the section labeled "Connect using USB playback" here: How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car.

Here's another article that may interest you: Get driving directions in Maps on iPhone

Take care.

Maps are silent on charge in my car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.