Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't find airdropped on my iphone

I can not find the pdf article I airdropped to my iphone. It's not in Files or any PDF app I have. How can I search my iphone for it?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 8:04 AM

Hello robdca64,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We've reviewed your question and it looks like you want to know how to performa search on your iPhone for a specific file. It's understandable that you'd want this explained so you can locate that Airdropped file, so allow us to assist with that. Please start by taking a look here: Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If you have follow-up questions, please let us know. We're here for you. Have a fantastic day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2021 8:04 AM in response to robdca64

Hello robdca64,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We've reviewed your question and it looks like you want to know how to performa search on your iPhone for a specific file. It's understandable that you'd want this explained so you can locate that Airdropped file, so allow us to assist with that. Please start by taking a look here: Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If you have follow-up questions, please let us know. We're here for you. Have a fantastic day!

Oct 11, 2021 3:40 PM in response to barberlives123

Thank you so much for your help. This is a great piece of information to have. I tried airdropping a pdf file to my iPhone, but since I own both the laptop and the phone, the phone did not ask me to confirm the airdrop OR choose where to keep it. It did chime a signal, indicating the the airdrop was completed - but I could not find the pdf in my pdf app, or files, or photos - so I didn't know where to find it. Searching by name was a strategy I thought of, but couldn't figure out how to do it. A lot of online advice described using the Safari address space to search the name, but that didn't work. Your information was very helpful. Unfortunately, searching for the file using that method still did not show me the file on my phone, which is confusing because of the signal I got saying the airdrop was completed. I tried airdropping it three times, and the phone signaled three times, so I'm not sure if it really is on the phone and I can't find it, or if the airdrop signal did NOT indicate the airdrop was completed. Hoping I don't have hidden files filling up my storage, but at least I now know a method for searching for files on my iPhone. Thanks!

I can't find airdropped on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.