Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get maximum Aux Channels in Logic Pro

I know that Logic 10.4 and above supports up to 1000 Channel Strips of Audio, Instrument and Auxiliary. I tested Audio and Instrument tracks in my session (Logic Pro 10.6.3) and it indeed has 1000 tracks, but it only has 256 Aux tracks. Am I missing anything?

I know that I would rarely reach to 256 Aux tracks, but Logic now supports up to 1000 Aux tracks, I would love to know how to get this maximum configuration in my session just in case I have a huge project one day.

Appreciate any help!

Hung

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 9:49 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Oct 12, 2021 12:09 PM in response to CCTM

CCTM wrote:

HI

You are correct... I misinterpreted your question.

I guess if you really need the other 750, you could use the Mixer pane function

Option> Create New Auxiliary Channel ( Default key command Control N)

(Hold down the keys and let macOS Key repeat function do it's thing)

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/5b475171-74b1-4018-90cd-e12ceed825bf
CCT

Hi,

Thank you for replying,

I can indeed create more than 256 Aux tracks now, but I can't use those Aux tracks from #257 to #1000, it's there but I can't send or route the output of one channel to those extra Aux. It's really frustrating cuz it's right there but I can't use it. I don't know if we need to dig into project settings or something like that, am I missing anything?

Oct 11, 2021 2:48 PM in response to CCTM

CCTM wrote:

Hi

billhoang wrote:
I know that I would rarely reach to 256 Aux tracks, but Logic now supports up to 1000 Aux tracks, I would love to know how to get this maximum configuration in my session just in case I have a huge project one day.

Unless you want to add them as needed, the quickest way might be to create a load of tracks outputted to Bus channels. Logic will make the appropriate Aux's for you:
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/32074295-4730-44f6-bd6d-9b46d4c52387
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/59e95261-8e38-4584-979a-7d81070303d6

Then delete the audio tracks.

CCT

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion but it still doesn't work, the maximum of the Aux Tracks is still 256, the Audio track #256 to #1000 are all routed to Bus (and Aux) #256.

Oct 11, 2021 4:48 AM in response to billhoang

Hi

billhoang wrote:

Unless you want to add them as needed, the quickest way might be to create a load of tracks outputted to Bus channels. Logic will make the appropriate Aux's for you:

Then delete the audio tracks.

CCT

How to get maximum Aux Channels in Logic Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.