You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud drive when active slows finder and occasionally free

I have had this problem with HighSierra starting this year so I upgraded to Catalina and the problem remains. When the iCloud Drive is activated finder works really slooooooow. moving a document in the finder window takes ages same with folders as well. I tried all sorts of different solutions to a slow finder. Nothing helped except deselecting the iCloud Drive. Everything works fine except for Notes. It doesn't work. I have not seen any suggestions from Apple on this. Do they know what is going on? This problem occurred this year on all IOS versions from High Sierra to Catalina.

Does anyone have a suggestion how to fix this?

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 12:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 9:25 AM

When new admin account is created in users and groups you clicked on plus sign and entered new admin name and its password , initially the read and write permissions are not set for folders .

You have to sign out primary account from apple logo and then sign in with new Apple ID and password and follow upcoming steps see the thread Switch to new user account - Apple Community

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 11, 2021 9:25 AM in response to john erick

When new admin account is created in users and groups you clicked on plus sign and entered new admin name and its password , initially the read and write permissions are not set for folders .

You have to sign out primary account from apple logo and then sign in with new Apple ID and password and follow upcoming steps see the thread Switch to new user account - Apple Community

iCloud drive when active slows finder and occasionally free

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.