Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After upgrade to 15.0.1, my photos count of iCloud & MacOS is different than iOS

After upgrade to 15.0.1, my photos count of iCloud and Mac OS (MacBook Pro 17" 2010 and MacBook Pro 13" 2012 is 83 photos and 3 videos less than iOS iPhone 12 & iPad Air 2. I have unchecked and checked Photos in settings for iCloud on both iOS and Mac OS. I have searched message boards for issues with iOS 15.0.1 and found only one similar post but no solution.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 3:15 PM

I stumbled across a solution to my issue. Apparently 15.0.1 treats photos or videos that are received via text message as a shared photo or video. Those items will become part of the iOS device library that you receive the text message on. However those photos and videos will not automatically go to iCloud unless the shareable item is saved in the shareable folders in the "For You" tab. Now I have the same count of photos and videos on iCloud, MacOS, and iOS devices.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2021 3:15 PM in response to jimbbpark

I stumbled across a solution to my issue. Apparently 15.0.1 treats photos or videos that are received via text message as a shared photo or video. Those items will become part of the iOS device library that you receive the text message on. However those photos and videos will not automatically go to iCloud unless the shareable item is saved in the shareable folders in the "For You" tab. Now I have the same count of photos and videos on iCloud, MacOS, and iOS devices.

After upgrade to 15.0.1, my photos count of iCloud & MacOS is different than iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.