Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imap email account not loading most recent mail on iPad and iphone

Starting this morning my work email account is not loading any mail dated after 01/26/2021 on my iPad Pro 2021 or iPhone X. The account works fine on my iMac laptop. All other accounts work fine. I haven’t changed any settings. I have tried force quitting and restarting the mail app, restarting the devices, deleting and re-entering the account, and switching settings from “fetch” to “manual” then restarting and switching back. Nothing works.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 1:20 PM

Mikarma01 wrote:

Starting this morning my work email account is not loading any mail dated after 01/26/2021 on my iPad Pro 2021 or iPhone X. The account works fine on my iMac laptop. All other accounts work fine. I haven’t changed any settings. I have tried force quitting and restarting the mail app, restarting the devices, deleting and re-entering the account, and switching settings from “fetch” to “manual” then restarting and switching back. Nothing works.

Next step is to contact the email provider or look at their support site.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2021 1:20 PM in response to Mikarma01

Mikarma01 wrote:

Next step is to contact the email provider or look at their support site.

Oct 11, 2021 3:52 PM in response to Mikarma01

As described, something has gone wrong with IMAP synchronising between your iPad and your email providers Mail Server. I have experienced a similar problem since updating to iPadOS15 - where a single IMAP mailbox [folder] refused to synchronise any content after March of this year.

You may find it necessary to delete the offending Mail account from your iPad - restart the iPad - and then re-add the Mail account. Assuming that you are using IMAP, no mail content will be lost - as the master copy of your Mail messages are always retained on the Mail Server.

To delete a Mail account from your iPad:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Mail account that you intend to remove] > Delete Account

This action will only remove the account from your iPad - not the server.

Restart your iPad:

Restart your iPad - Apple Support

Re-adding the Mail account is straightforward:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

imap email account not loading most recent mail on iPad and iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.