Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP Shuts Down After Booting

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

Processor: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

This MBP shuts down (the screen goes blank) immediately after I boot it and log in. Hit the power switch, boot up, log in and the screen goes black. This only happens when the device is NOT cabled up to the charger.

This continues to happen even when I have 50% battery life. Cable up the charger again, hit the power switch and I'm back in action.

What gives?

I just returned from a visit to the Apple Store where a battery diagnostic was done. The battery appears to be fine. I could not replicate the problem while at the store (of course.) The battery showed approximately 98% at the time.

This problem occurred yesterday with approximately 60% battery power available. Is there a pattern here?

Battery Information:

Model Information:

Manufacturer: DSY

Device Name: bq20z451

Pack Lot Code: 0

PCB Lot Code: 0

Firmware Version: 901

Hardware Revision: 2

Cell Revision: 1734

Charge Information:

Fully Charged: Yes

Charging: No

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 6267

State of Charge (%): 100

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 23

Condition: Normal

What am I missing or overlooking? Anything?

This MPB is in fantastic condition, I purchased it NEW and it has very low miles on it.

What should I do? Live with it?

Thanks!

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 6:30 PM

Some battery issues may only show up at certain charge levels. So see if you can replicate the issue at those lower charge levels so that you can show the Apple tech. You may also want to run the Apple Diagnostics when the battery is at those lower charge levels just in case the diagnostic can confirm the problem (again hopefully it is reproducible for Apple).

Your best option for convincing Apple of a battery problem (or any problem) is to find out a reliable way to reproduce the issue. I do know that sometimes the issues like to disappear when the computer is in the shop even if you can reliably reproduce the issue 90% of the time at home. Trust me it is just as frustrating for the repair tech as it is for the computer owner.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2021 6:30 PM in response to Tom Hanser

Some battery issues may only show up at certain charge levels. So see if you can replicate the issue at those lower charge levels so that you can show the Apple tech. You may also want to run the Apple Diagnostics when the battery is at those lower charge levels just in case the diagnostic can confirm the problem (again hopefully it is reproducible for Apple).

Your best option for convincing Apple of a battery problem (or any problem) is to find out a reliable way to reproduce the issue. I do know that sometimes the issues like to disappear when the computer is in the shop even if you can reliably reproduce the issue 90% of the time at home. Trust me it is just as frustrating for the repair tech as it is for the computer owner.

MBP Shuts Down After Booting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.