Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health

I own an iphone 12,the battery health was 100 % through 7 and a half months ago ,updated to ios 15, 5 days ago I saw battery health has dropped to 99%, and today it has dropped again by 1%! Now it is 98%,it does not make sense in my opinion ,is it normal?!!!

iPhone 12

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 11:15 PM

barazak Said:

"Battery health: But u know dropping by 1% just in 2-3 days seems strange,while the usage And habits have not changed …."

-------

All is Fine:

Well, sure it seems strange. But, that's just the way it is. There is no way to determine what the drop occurred.

4 replies

Oct 11, 2021 10:39 PM in response to barazak

barazak Said:

"Battery health: I own an iphone 12,the battery health was 100 % through 7 and a half months ago ,updated to ios 15, 5 days ago I saw battery health has dropped to 99%, and today it has dropped again by 1%! Now it is 98%,it does not make sense in my opinion ,is it normal?!!!"

-------

About Battery Degrading:

The Battery Health drops 1-3% out-of-the-box. Why has occurred is normal. Batteries degrade as they are used, eventually depleting (which you should avoid). It cannot stay at 100%. I have had mine replaced a few times, due to high use. I do not use it as much at this moment in time. So, I have not had to replace it in a while.

Unfortunately, there is no way to know how nor when this degrade occurs. Apple recommends that you get a new battery when the Battery Health reaches 80%. So, if the Battery Health is greater than 80%, there is no need to change the battery (yet).

Battery health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.