Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder / Connect to Server - working or not?

I have tried to connect to SMB server several times

It always times out

In old days I had local linux servers. Here I made SMB work fine.

But I got no linux servers any more. And I use much time on testing SMB in example to connect to AZURE that I did not get to work.

Azure documentation takes about a firewall port 445 (as I remember)

I use much time testing things.

I cannot see if it is my Mac that is the problem.

So many weird things goes on in new macOS versions - so I don't feel sure it works.

Question: Is there a server anywhere that I can connect to - just to try that MacOS Finder / Connect to Server works?

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 8:01 AM

Hello Anders,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about that difficulty with connecting to an Azure server using Finder.

Are you following the recommendations from this article? Network address formats and protocols on Mac

If so, you’d want to reach out to Microsoft for further assistance: Contact Microsoft Azure Support

They’d be in the best position to assist with any configuration changes that need to be made in order to access their servers.

Take care.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2021 8:01 AM in response to anders kristian

Hello Anders,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about that difficulty with connecting to an Azure server using Finder.

Are you following the recommendations from this article? Network address formats and protocols on Mac

If so, you’d want to reach out to Microsoft for further assistance: Contact Microsoft Azure Support

They’d be in the best position to assist with any configuration changes that need to be made in order to access their servers.

Take care.

Oct 13, 2021 10:41 AM in response to anders kristian

Anders,

While you can search online for any public servers that you can use to test further, it would probably be best to only connect to a known server from a trusted source.

Should the connection with that Microsoft Azure server still continue to time out, you’ll want to contact Microsoft to troubleshoot further: Contact Microsoft Azure Support

Regards.

Finder / Connect to Server - working or not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.