Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro is stuck on the update and I’ve done many of the suggestions to no avail.

My MacBook Pro update is stuck

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 10:01 AM

Please some context.

Update as in Catalina Security Update 2021-006 or does one mean upGrade from Catalina to Big Sur?

If the Security Update of Catalina - should down by Power Button. Connect to charger. Disconnect all external devices.. Restart in Safe Mode Safe mode may help you resolve or isolate problems that you’re having with your Mac. When you start up in safe mode, your Mac prevents some software, such as startup items, from loading, and it performs a check of your startup disk. Your Mac may take longer to start up because of the check.

If the upGrade to Big Sur - same actions. This may or may not allow the upgrade process to complete.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2021 10:01 AM in response to RARMacBookPro

Please some context.

Update as in Catalina Security Update 2021-006 or does one mean upGrade from Catalina to Big Sur?

If the Security Update of Catalina - should down by Power Button. Connect to charger. Disconnect all external devices.. Restart in Safe Mode Safe mode may help you resolve or isolate problems that you’re having with your Mac. When you start up in safe mode, your Mac prevents some software, such as startup items, from loading, and it performs a check of your startup disk. Your Mac may take longer to start up because of the check.

If the upGrade to Big Sur - same actions. This may or may not allow the upgrade process to complete.

My MacBook Pro is stuck on the update and I’ve done many of the suggestions to no avail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.