Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restrict widgets using MDM

Hello,

Are there any plans to allow widgets to be hidden/restricted via any MDM APIs? I have over 1800 iPads that I manage and have them heavily locked down. With iOS 15, some widgets are shown by default and I do not want this. Will this be added to the restrictions MDM settings at some point?

Thanks,

Sean

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 7:53 AM

You could disallow changes to the home screen, but unfortunately, widgets are part of the app itself. Your other option would be to contact the developer of the apps and ask them to ship a version without the widgets. Unfortunately, for first party apps, you will be unable to block widgets unless you set the Home Screen and disallow changes to it using your MDM.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2021 7:53 AM in response to S_Kempf

You could disallow changes to the home screen, but unfortunately, widgets are part of the app itself. Your other option would be to contact the developer of the apps and ask them to ship a version without the widgets. Unfortunately, for first party apps, you will be unable to block widgets unless you set the Home Screen and disallow changes to it using your MDM.

Restrict widgets using MDM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.