Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference returns June 10, 2024

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MaaS360 MDM profile with no option to remove

I have an MDM profile on my 11 and it doesn't have an option to delete or remove. In the MaaS360 profile in Settings I only see "More Details: and under that 3 options: Accounts, Apps, Restrictions. How do I delete MDM? I have tried restoring from iCloud 3X. Do I need to restore on a new phone? Is that what I need to do?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 2:59 PM

It is impossible for a non-removable MDM profile to be added to a device without being purchased by the org or being physically connected to a macOS device that attaches it to the org. The phone either was indeed purchased by the company, or it was added to their MDM through physically connecting it to a computer. These are the only possibilities.

Your only option is to erase the device and set it up as a new device, not from a backup. This is to keep employees from retaining corporate data in an unmanaged state through the backup. There is no other option if you wish to not have the MDM profile. Unfortunately, your company did not release the device properly. There is nothing that can be done at this point other than to wipe it and set it up as a new device.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2021 2:59 PM in response to Make-LA

It is impossible for a non-removable MDM profile to be added to a device without being purchased by the org or being physically connected to a macOS device that attaches it to the org. The phone either was indeed purchased by the company, or it was added to their MDM through physically connecting it to a computer. These are the only possibilities.

Your only option is to erase the device and set it up as a new device, not from a backup. This is to keep employees from retaining corporate data in an unmanaged state through the backup. There is no other option if you wish to not have the MDM profile. Unfortunately, your company did not release the device properly. There is nothing that can be done at this point other than to wipe it and set it up as a new device.

Oct 13, 2021 1:18 PM in response to Make-LA

Yes. You need to wipe and set up as a new device. It would have needed to be unmanaged before releasing from MDM, and then it would have needed to be released from Apple Business/School Manager. This would prevent it from being embedded in your backup. Your company would have had to purchase the phone or have had physical access to make the profile non-removable.

Oct 13, 2021 1:46 PM in response to celliott147

They never touched my phone that I know of. They had my install MaaS360 from the company App store and I followed the setup. When I left the company they thought they owned the device and asked me to return it, but I showed them proof I bought it and they changed their tune saying I did own the phone and I would have to reset the phone, which I have. But after I reset it I restore from iCloud and it comes back.

How can I restore from iCloud and not have MDM comeback? Please list the way possible like a brand new phone (I will load my iCloud backup on it). I need my data.

MaaS360 MDM profile with no option to remove

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.