Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App disconnection

Good day,

move been trying to connect my mobile data with my app all day but it has not been working, when I turn on the mobile data to an app like Instagram and I open the app, the mobile data automatically turns off from the settings and I’ve tried restarting my phone all day, please help me because this has delayed me from doing a lot today. Thank you.

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 12:31 AM

Hi Lawal19,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

If a setting is off, iPhone uses only Wi-Fi for that service.

Apple support have an article online that may help you check that cellular data is correctly turned on for your iPhone.

Says:

Connect iPhone to a cellular network

Your iPhone automatically connects to your carrierʼs cellular data network if a Wi-Fi network isnʼt available.

If iPhone doesn’t connect, check the following:

1. Verify that your SIM is activated and unlocked. See Set up cellular service on iPhone.
  2. Go to Settings  > Cellular.
  3. Verify that Cellular Data is turned on. On models with Dual SIM, tap Cellular Data, then verify the selected line. (You can choose only one line for cellular data.)

Complete article:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/iphone/iphd1cf4268/ios

Also:

View or change cellular data settings on iPhone

Set cellular data use for apps and services

Go to Settings  > Cellular, then turn Cellular Data on or off for any app (such as Maps) or service (such as Wi-Fi Assist) that can use cellular data.

Note: Wi-Fi Assist is on by default. If Wi-Fi connectivity is poor, Wi-Fi Assist automatically switches to cellular data to boost the signal. Because you stay connected to the internet over cellular when you have a poor Wi-Fi connection, you might use more cellular data, which may incur additional charges depending on your data plan.

See the Apple Support article About Wi-Fi Assist.

Complete article:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/iphone/iph3dd5f213/15.0/ios/15.0

Hope this is helpful :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2021 12:31 AM in response to Lawal19

Hi Lawal19,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Apple support have an article online that may help you check that cellular data is correctly turned on for your iPhone.

Says:

Connect iPhone to a cellular network

Your iPhone automatically connects to your carrierʼs cellular data network if a Wi-Fi network isnʼt available.

If iPhone doesn’t connect, check the following:

1. Verify that your SIM is activated and unlocked. See Set up cellular service on iPhone.
  2. Go to Settings  > Cellular.
  3. Verify that Cellular Data is turned on. On models with Dual SIM, tap Cellular Data, then verify the selected line. (You can choose only one line for cellular data.)

Complete article:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/iphone/iphd1cf4268/ios

Also:

View or change cellular data settings on iPhone

Set cellular data use for apps and services

Go to Settings  > Cellular, then turn Cellular Data on or off for any app (such as Maps) or service (such as Wi-Fi Assist) that can use cellular data.

Note: Wi-Fi Assist is on by default. If Wi-Fi connectivity is poor, Wi-Fi Assist automatically switches to cellular data to boost the signal. Because you stay connected to the internet over cellular when you have a poor Wi-Fi connection, you might use more cellular data, which may incur additional charges depending on your data plan.

See the Apple Support article About Wi-Fi Assist.

Complete article:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/iphone/iph3dd5f213/15.0/ios/15.0

Hope this is helpful :-)

App disconnection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.