Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Youtube is not working on my Mac Pro (not the notebook), as well as sound problems.

Youtube url'd load. In Chrome... the sound begins for about a minute, but the video never loads. In Safari, the video fast forwards to the end. On video calls using MSFT teams (believe it also happens on Google Hangouts, the sound periodically gets garbled.

I've tried clearing my browser cache for all time. It did nothing. Tried restarting. Tried updating the the lastest MacOS (big sur 11.6). Cant seem to fix this problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 9:37 AM

1 reply

Oct 14, 2021 11:15 AM in response to jeffnoyes

Hi jeffnoyes,

We understand you may be experiencing some sound issues with your Mac within various apps. Are you able to check to see if you also have sound issues when using FaceTime?

To get started, we'd recommend attempting the steps outlined in If an app on your Mac stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open.

If the behavior continues, you'll want to test out the issue further within a new user and safe mode below:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

How to use safe mode on your Mac

You'll want to note that you'll only be able to test out Apple apps within safe mode as third-party apps will be temporarily disabled during this time.

Let us know how this works out for you. Cheers.

Youtube is not working on my Mac Pro (not the notebook), as well as sound problems.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.