Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 pro and keychain

So I got a new phone. While setting it up, I can't get keychain and apple cash to log in. It asks me for my Apple ID password which I provide. It then asks for the passcode to the phone that I provide. Then it asks me for the password or passcode to my MacBook pro, or my MacBook air, or my iPad. I will then enter the one it asks for. It then states that I have entered it incorrectly, and then after the third try it tells me to either cancel or erase my encrypted data. What is going on?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 10:42 AM

1 reply

Oct 14, 2021 11:57 AM in response to storkdoc

Hi storkdoc,

Thanks for reaching out about setting up iCloud Keychain. We can help with this. Try the steps in this article:

Set up iCloud Keychain

"If you choose to "Approve Later" when signing into your Apple ID, you need to approve with an old passcode or from another device when prompted. If you're unable to approve, reset your end-to-end encrypted data when prompted.

*On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 13 or later, or on your Mac with macOS Catalina or later, two-factor authentication is required to turn on iCloud Keychain. If you haven't set it up yet, you're prompted to update to two-factor authentication.

If you can't turn on iCloud Keychain

If you can't turn on iCloud Keychain after following these steps, make sure you meet the minimum system requirements for iCloud Keychain and that you're using two-factor authentication

If you're not using two-factor authentication, you might be prompted to create an iCloud Security Code—six digits, complex alphanumerics, or randomly generated—to authorize additional devices and verify your identity. If you forgot your code, you might be able to reset it."

Take care.

iPhone 13 pro and keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.