Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15 Mail app: Gmail email deleted on phone not deleted at gmail.com

Ever since I upgraded my iPhone 12 to iOS 15 the iOS Mail app is not communicating with the Gmail servers properly.

I delete mail in my gmail account on my phone in the iOS Mail app but I go into my Gmail account later in the day on my desktop and the deleted emails are still unread and in my inbox.

This was never a problem prior to iOS 15.

iPhone 12

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 1:51 PM

idburns wrote:

Could it be a problem on Google's end? Possibly. I'd imagine the chances are just as high that it's a problem with iOS 15 as well.

Yes. Even more on that. Gmail gives you options to choose for what should be done with messages marked as deleted. So you might want to review your account configuration.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2021 1:51 PM in response to idburns

idburns wrote:

Could it be a problem on Google's end? Possibly. I'd imagine the chances are just as high that it's a problem with iOS 15 as well.

Yes. Even more on that. Gmail gives you options to choose for what should be done with messages marked as deleted. So you might want to review your account configuration.

Oct 13, 2021 1:37 PM in response to idburns

idburns wrote:

Ever since I upgraded my iPhone 12 to iOS 15 the iOS Mail app is not communicating with the Gmail servers properly.

I delete mail in my gmail account on my phone in the iOS Mail app but I go into my Gmail account later in the day on my desktop and the deleted emails are still unread and in my inbox.

This was never a problem prior to iOS 15.

Why would that be a problem with ios 15 or your iphone, if the web version doesn't sync up? Have you notified Google or look at their support site?

Oct 13, 2021 1:46 PM in response to razmee209

Why would it be a problem with my iPhone or iOS that I'm making updates to my Gmail inbox in the iOS Mail app and those changes aren't getting off of my phone and up to Google's servers?

And I've never had this problem on any iPhone until I upgraded to iOS 15?

iOS 15 Mail app: Gmail email deleted on phone not deleted at gmail.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.