Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i play a downloaded M4A file?

I have saved from email some M4A files that my mom has recorded. The only option I find is to go to the file via File-app, then play one at the time. No repeat option either. I can’t open it in Music app, it can’t be used as ringtone or whatever, this is ridiculous!!

Am I so locked into this “play only once -attention please - hit play to repeat once more” world of apple???

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 12:29 PM

2 replies

Oct 14, 2021 1:07 PM in response to Kontorista

Hello Kontorista,

Thanks for posting this in the Apple Support Community. We understand that you have an idea related to importing certain audio file formats to the Music app on your iPhone. We’re happy to guide you.

We love hearing about things you’d like to see in future updates. If you haven’t already, you can leave feedback here: Product Feedback

Cheers!

Oct 14, 2021 1:07 PM in response to Kontorista

Hello Kontorista,

Thanks for posting this in the Apple Support Community. We understand that you have an idea related to importing certain audio file formats to the Music app on your iPhone. We’re happy to guide you.

We love hearing about things you’d like to see in future updates. If you haven’t already, you can leave feedback here: Product Feedback

Cheers!

How do i play a downloaded M4A file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.