Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not connect without a vpn

I can not connect without a vpn. i have a router with 2 pcs one is mac another is windows. problem is same router perfectly work with windows but not with mac, i change ethernet cable, router port everything is prfect. same port and cable work with windows but not mac. whenever i turn on vpn app i got connected to mac with same speed. my mac wifi is damage

with vpn app i got 498 mbps but without vpn app 91 kbps

can you tell me how do i fix it

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 1:13 PM

Boot into Safe Mode according to Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2021 1:13 PM in response to pinakel

Boot into Safe Mode according to Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Oct 13, 2021 1:17 PM in response to pinakel

The VPN app you installed has borked macOS. That's not uncommon. Using a VPN to access the Internet is counterproductive. It does nothing to protect you... exactly the opposite in fact.

If you can't remove it completely using the instructions in the post above, I suggest you back up your data, wipe your Mac, and start from scratch.

I can not connect without a vpn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.