Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get serial number if my computer isn’t working?

The MacBook Pro I bought in February 2020 now only shows vertical pink lines on the display. I’d like to get online support from Apple, but they demand a serial number before they will open a chat or phone call conversation.

I tried various reboots I’ve seen online, but the pink lines remain the only thing this laptop wants to do.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 1:42 PM

JimK62 wrote:

The MacBook Pro I bought in February 2020 now only shows vertical pink lines on the display. I’d like to get online support from Apple, but they demand a serial number before they will open a chat or phone call conversation.

I tried various reboots I’ve seen online, but the pink lines remain the only thing this laptop wants to do.

It is on the bottom panel of a notebook if you turn it over.

It will be on line if you log in—https://support.apple.com/my-support

If you have email receipts from your purchase from Apple, it can be found there...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2021 1:42 PM in response to JimK62

JimK62 wrote:

It is on the bottom panel of a notebook if you turn it over.

It will be on line if you log in—https://support.apple.com/my-support

If you have email receipts from your purchase from Apple, it can be found there...

How can I get serial number if my computer isn’t working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.