Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Weak Security" message re Wi-Fi Security in modem/router that iPhone uses

1. Apple has a message in iPhone's Wi-Fi settings stating that:- "WPA/WPA (TKIP) is not secure". It states that you should reconfigure your modem/router to use "WPA2 (AES) or WPA3".

2. My current setting is:- "WPA+WPA2 PSK".

3. I also have available in the modem/router:- " (a) WPA2 PSK, (b) WPA2 and (c) WPA+WPA2".

Is my CURRENT setting secure/adequate enough ?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 9:25 PM

Figgy Said:

"Weak Security" message re Wi-Fi Security in modem/router that iPhone use"

-------

Weak Security:

Encryption is the Culprit:

The iPhone is getting this message because the router is using WPA2 for their encryption protocol, which is no longer secure. So, you have to either reconfigure the router's settings to be using WPA3, or upgrade to a new router that supports WPA3. Older devices may not support WPA3. So, your router would have to have WPA2/WPA3 open for use.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2021 9:25 PM in response to Figgy

Figgy Said:

"Weak Security" message re Wi-Fi Security in modem/router that iPhone use"

-------

Weak Security:

Encryption is the Culprit:

The iPhone is getting this message because the router is using WPA2 for their encryption protocol, which is no longer secure. So, you have to either reconfigure the router's settings to be using WPA3, or upgrade to a new router that supports WPA3. Older devices may not support WPA3. So, your router would have to have WPA2/WPA3 open for use.

"Weak Security" message re Wi-Fi Security in modem/router that iPhone uses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.