Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music stops playing when I use Lock Screen button

This is very frustrating

when I push the Lock Screen button , music stops. It does not turn it back on either. I have to unlock phone and push play within app

i have restart phone

i have deleted app, re installed app.

problem still exists

app is YouTube and I subscribe to premium.

this is very frustrating

this is 3 months now, I will go to att soon and get new phone that doesn’t stop my music in the middle of shift

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 10:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 10:15 PM

Does this behavior also apply to the Music app? If not, then the issue may be, as you mentioned, only with your YouTube app. Did you contact YouTube Premium Support to get this addressed? That behavior of the YouTube app is as if you do not have the premium subscription activated. I recommend that you contact YouTube support from their website and get this addressed.

I also recommend that you update the iOS version of your iPhone, if you have not done so already.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2021 10:15 PM in response to MichaelUnclebach

Does this behavior also apply to the Music app? If not, then the issue may be, as you mentioned, only with your YouTube app. Did you contact YouTube Premium Support to get this addressed? That behavior of the YouTube app is as if you do not have the premium subscription activated. I recommend that you contact YouTube support from their website and get this addressed.

I also recommend that you update the iOS version of your iPhone, if you have not done so already.

Axel F.

Music stops playing when I use Lock Screen button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.