Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS 11.6 Big Sur Shuts down my mac

Macbook Pro 15 inch late 2013"

• Updated to Macos 11.6 Big sur now my computer crashes often.
  • Cant even keep it on longer than a couple of seconds
  • Can only get to my desktop screen when the apple logo is loading by clicking the space bar for some reason?
  • Recovery mode does not stay alive either will crash either before in recovery or during recovery in a matter of seconds or minutes
  • Has not been able to stay on longer than 3 minutes

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 2:11 AM

Has one attempted to start in Safe Mode - Shift key immediately at restart and hold until the Apple Logo appears then, release.

Safe mode will do a Repair Disk, clear cache files and Eliminate Third Party Software, extension and fonts from loading.

If the original issue still occurs >>

1 - There is a Lack of Empty Space on the drive and not even the Safe Mode can load. Possible solution - Transfer files between two Mac computers using target disk mode

2 - Hardware Failure - Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2021 2:11 AM in response to Dangitsda

Has one attempted to start in Safe Mode - Shift key immediately at restart and hold until the Apple Logo appears then, release.

Safe mode will do a Repair Disk, clear cache files and Eliminate Third Party Software, extension and fonts from loading.

If the original issue still occurs >>

1 - There is a Lack of Empty Space on the drive and not even the Safe Mode can load. Possible solution - Transfer files between two Mac computers using target disk mode

2 - Hardware Failure - Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

MacOS 11.6 Big Sur Shuts down my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.