Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

increasing the screen resolution on a macbook pro 2017 13inch

Is there a way to increase the screen resolution beyond 1680x1050 without having to use a 3rd party app like EasyRes? I am not an elderly person who needs the text blown up that huge, and would like the extra screen real-estate. Is there a terminal script that unlocks all of the supported resolutions for the display? It seems crazy to me that a 2560x1600 display can't display everything up to and including 2560x1600.

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 7:44 AM

baka_michinoku wrote:

Is there a way to increase the screen resolution beyond 1680x1050 without having to use a 3rd party app like EasyRes? I am not an elderly person who needs the text blown up that huge, and would like the extra screen real-estate. Is there a terminal script that unlocks all of the supported resolutions for the display? It seems crazy to me that a 2560x1600 display can't display everything up to and including 2560x1600.

>System Preferences>Display

Change your Mac display's resolution - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2021 7:44 AM in response to baka_michinoku

baka_michinoku wrote:

>System Preferences>Display

Change your Mac display's resolution - Apple Support

Oct 14, 2021 7:47 AM in response to baka_michinoku

you also can "press and hold the 'Option' key while clicking the 'Scaled' button" in the "Displays" Control Panel to see more resolutions. This functionality is available in OS X Mavericks (10.9) and OS X Yosemite (10.10) as well as in [others}

https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/macbook-pro-retina-display-faq/macbook-pro-retina-display-hack-to-run-native-resolution.html

increasing the screen resolution on a macbook pro 2017 13inch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.