You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Orange spots on Macbook Pro 15" 2018 screen

Hey,

I've been noticing orange spots around the sides of my screen for quite a long time. They change place through time, and occur mostly after the Macbook was upright in my backpack for a few moments, on the side of the screen that was sitting at the bottom of the backpack.

After consulting with Apple service and searching online, I've got the idea it's a known production defect in some apple Macbook Pro screens, however Apple doesn't take the responsibility about it, just sends me to a paid checkup and fix.

I even noticed the problem in other coworkers' screens on my campus.

Is there anything to do? How can Apple be notified it's a reoccurring problem with users?

Will my screen ever be fixed?

My AppleCare plan expired long time ago, and I can't afford such costs, especially for a production defect...

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 10:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 10:16 PM

I have not seen this issue on any of our organization's laptops that I service.

When you say the blemish changes place over time what do you mean by this? Do you actually see the blemish move while using the laptop or do you mean when you boot/wake the laptop the blemish may be in a different location? When it moves is it moving a small distance or do you mean it could be on the other side of the screen? Does it have the same shape or does the shape change?

These Apple laptops are very thin so you need to be very careful putting them in to a backpack with other items since those items will end up pressing against the very thin display. My guess is something is pressing on the screen while the laptop is in the backpack. Stop putting the laptop into the backpack to see if the blemishes disappear.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 14, 2021 10:16 PM in response to GuyGK

I have not seen this issue on any of our organization's laptops that I service.

When you say the blemish changes place over time what do you mean by this? Do you actually see the blemish move while using the laptop or do you mean when you boot/wake the laptop the blemish may be in a different location? When it moves is it moving a small distance or do you mean it could be on the other side of the screen? Does it have the same shape or does the shape change?

These Apple laptops are very thin so you need to be very careful putting them in to a backpack with other items since those items will end up pressing against the very thin display. My guess is something is pressing on the screen while the laptop is in the backpack. Stop putting the laptop into the backpack to see if the blemishes disappear.

Orange spots on Macbook Pro 15" 2018 screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.