Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blinking screen MacBook Pro 2017 Touch Bar

Hello there,

I am experiencing a problem with my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) Touch Bar. the screen starts blinking once I turn on the laptop (Goes black and return to normal quickly). Interestingly, when I play some videos on YouTube or QuickTime player, it stops blinking until the video stops and then again it starts blinking. So, I don't think this is a hardware problem. I did the following steps in order to fix this problem but none of them solved it.

• Reseting PRAM
  • Reseting NVRAM
  • Updating to the latest macOS (BigSur)
  • Restoring My Mac to factory settings

There is no automatic graphics switching option on Preferences.

In the safe mode there is no blinking, the display works with no issues.

Could you please help me with this issue?

Built-in Retina Display 13.3-inch (2560 × 1600)

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 5:15 PM

If Safe Mode works, then it likely indicates an issue with some third party software since Safe Mode disables Startup Items and Login items. Run Etrecheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper. I'm not a macOS software expert, but the report may help the other more knowledgeable contributors to assess your laptop.

You can also run the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2021 5:15 PM in response to NaifAlanazi

If Safe Mode works, then it likely indicates an issue with some third party software since Safe Mode disables Startup Items and Login items. Run Etrecheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper. I'm not a macOS software expert, but the report may help the other more knowledgeable contributors to assess your laptop.

You can also run the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected.

Blinking screen MacBook Pro 2017 Touch Bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.