Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Carplay 2022 Hyundai Palisade - Phone Is Not Responding (Error)

iPhone XR - Updated to iOS 15.0.2

Wireless Car Play

2022 Palisade SEL AWD with Convenience Package (400 Total Miles)

Problem: I am able to connect my phone to the truck without issue. Apple Maps, Bluetooth Phone Calls, and Streaming Music Apps (Amazon Music, Sirius XM) all work perfectly. As I drive, the message below "Phone is Not Responding" pops up on the screen. This causes maps to drop and the "phone projection" to break. This is dangerous as I have to keep fiddling with the system to reconnect it. The problem happens sporadically, but often. I drove 90 minutes on the highway with full cell signal and dropped more than 10 times during the trip.

I work in the technology industry so I did some research on this and attempted to troubleshoot the problem. Going as far as factory resetting the infotainment system and my iPhone XR to attempt resolution. I have examined quite a few phone settings as well. I can't figure out what is causing the connection between the car's wireless access point and the device to suddenly drop after a successful handshake.

Even more disturbing is the fact that internet forums are littered with similar reports for multiple Hyundai and Kia Models who seem to share infotainment systems.

CarPlay Issues Plaguing Hyundai and Kia Cars, Nobody Knows Whats Going On - autoevolution

Wireless Apple CarPlay Disconnect reconnect issue | Hyundai Venue Forum (venuedrivers.com)

I did a bit of research on Wireless Apple Carplay. From what can tell Bluetooth is used to initiate the connection and to stream music and album art. WiFi is them immediately established (with the infotainment system being the WiFi access point) for all other features such as Maps, Apps, etc for phone "projection" to the in-car screen. My assumption is that both subsystems must remain connected to the vehicle in order for the system to operate.

Since I am running the newest iOS Software and the car is literally brand new I am reluctant to say its a software issue, but I have an appointment with the deal to see if there are infotainment system updates/firmware.

My fear is that this turns into a finger pointing content between Apple and Hyundai where nothing gets done and the buyer suffers. My iPhone has no issues connecting to other Wifi or Bluetooth devices.

Reaching out for help.

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 7:53 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Wireless Carplay 2022 Hyundai Palisade - Phone Is Not Responding (Error)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.