Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will a new iPhone (SE 2020) sync with iTunes 12.6.5?

I've been using iTunes 12.6.5 for a long time now because later versions had bugs/issues that might be for a different topic (basically 12.10/12 randomly don't update my 'last played' count on songs I play which messes with all my smart playlists) but I am considering getting a new phone and I worry if that won't force me to update my iTunes.

So can anyone confirm or deny whether a 2020 iPhone SE will be able to sync with iTunes 12.6.5?

iPhone SE

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 11:34 AM

The technical specifications for the iPhone SE state that it requires iTunes 12.10.10 or later, so the answer to your question is no, you will not be able to Sync with iTunes 12.6.5.

iPhone SE - Technical Specifications - Apple and scroll down to System Requirements.

5 replies

Oct 15, 2021 12:20 PM in response to the fiend

Thanks for that! My reply wasn't meant in the harsh way it might look like typed down.

I had already seen the specifications and called them (amongst trying to solve the issues with 12.10) to be sure.

Spoke to 2 different people and both did say 'it might be possible' but couldn't find any definitive answers. One even pointed me at this discussions section because 'there's some real experts on there even I still learn from'

Will a new iPhone (SE 2020) sync with iTunes 12.6.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.