Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When changing to a new iPhone If I erase data on my old iPhone will it erase the data from my new iPhone and iCloud also after transfering the data to my new one?

I just got a new phone, (well not that new a 12,) and want to use my old phone, (6s Plus), for my drone, however, I don't want my personal info and data-pics-ect. to show up on the old phone when using with the drone. How to avoid this from happening? The old phone will not have a phone number connected we'll only use wi-fi, help please!

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 8:41 AM

Know the right way to delete and disable iCloud before deletion. What to do before you sell, give away, or trade ... - Apple Support

3 replies

Oct 15, 2021 8:40 AM in response to People-pleaser

If you had enabled iCloud Photos and then if you delete Photos and Videos from the iCloud it is deleted from iPhone Photos too, and vice-versa. 

And if you happen to take a backup either over iTunes or iCloud after deleting Photos and Videos all the photos are deleted from the backup (iCloud/iTunes) too.

If you delete Photos / Notes / Voice Memos / Videos / Reminders from the iPhone it is deleted from iCloud too, and vice-versa.

Oct 15, 2021 9:28 AM in response to SravanKrA

The old phone, 6s plus, is and was connected to iCloud backup before getting the newer one and the old one does show up in settings on the new phone, (12). The option is that I can "Remove from account" it also says "If you don't recognize this device, remove it and change your password". Find my iPhone and iCloud backup are both turned on for both phones. If I sing out of, remove the old phone from my account, turn off iCloud backup for it, then delete any pics or data on the old one will the information, data pics, ect that was transferred to the new one remain on the new phone? Looking just now I don't think all my pics, contacts, are saved to the cloud.......I don't understand apple.......;{-

When changing to a new iPhone If I erase data on my old iPhone will it erase the data from my new iPhone and iCloud also after transfering the data to my new one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.