Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wi-fi password not working

I did not change my wifi password but suddenly my computers and phones are no longer being recognized by the network with the password? According to the keychain I’m putting in the correct password but when I put it up n the phones and computers say it is wrong. Why? How do I fix this?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 7:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 7:14 PM

Your Wi-Fi Router is rejecting the password that is being entered. If none of your devices are able to log on then the password has been changed at the Router level. I know that you have stated that you did not change the password and I cannot explain why it may be changed.

One thing that you can try is to reboot your router and try again.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2021 7:14 PM in response to albrownp

Your Wi-Fi Router is rejecting the password that is being entered. If none of your devices are able to log on then the password has been changed at the Router level. I know that you have stated that you did not change the password and I cannot explain why it may be changed.

One thing that you can try is to reboot your router and try again.

Axel F.

wi-fi password not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.