Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMS text

I have 1 contact on my iPhone who I can no longer SMS text. I can only iMessage this 1 connect.

I don’t use iMessage all the time.

I have talked with Apple support and done everything they suggested but deleting this conversation thread as I need to keep texts in the thread.

Any and All help would be greatly appreciated 😃

-phone is running new update

-Friday morning (yesterday) I could SMS text this contact

-issue started after I iMessaged Apple support on an unrelated issue on the phone

Has anyone else had this problem?

How was it fixed?

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 7:40 AM

If I understand you correctly, you do not want to send iMessage but want to send SMS to this contact who has an Apple device. Is that right? If yes,

Then please, check you have an SMS messaging plan enabled for your SIM by your Carrier. If that is done then simply disable Wifi and Cellular Data. Your message will be sent as SMS and not iMessage. (Ensure Send as SMS is enabled)

Also, see this --> What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2021 7:40 AM in response to Canddie

If I understand you correctly, you do not want to send iMessage but want to send SMS to this contact who has an Apple device. Is that right? If yes,

Then please, check you have an SMS messaging plan enabled for your SIM by your Carrier. If that is done then simply disable Wifi and Cellular Data. Your message will be sent as SMS and not iMessage. (Ensure Send as SMS is enabled)

Also, see this --> What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS?

SMS text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.