Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Mini answers call when I open case!

I keep my iPhone 12 Mini in NOVADA leather case. 

When I get a call and open the case to see who it's from, the phone automatically answers it, which I don't want. I want to decide myself whether to answer or not!

Is there some way I can stop this? 🤔🤔

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 11:22 AM

hello cheddar-caveman, 

Apple Support Communities is a great place for help with the calls automatically answer with your iPhone case. It sounds as though Auto-Answer Calls may be enabled in Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Call Audio Routing > Auto-Answer Calls. If you see a green toggle next to that feature, please tap the toggle to disable that feature. These steps can also be found in the following article. 

Router and automatically answer calls on iPhone

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2021 11:22 AM in response to cheddar-caveman

hello cheddar-caveman, 

Apple Support Communities is a great place for help with the calls automatically answer with your iPhone case. It sounds as though Auto-Answer Calls may be enabled in Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Call Audio Routing > Auto-Answer Calls. If you see a green toggle next to that feature, please tap the toggle to disable that feature. These steps can also be found in the following article. 

Router and automatically answer calls on iPhone

Have a great day!

iPhone 12 Mini answers call when I open case!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.