Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not want to see any file extensions

I do not want to see any file extensions - Please help with a PERMANENT off or HIDE setting... I have tried all I could find on the web, there must be a (new) solution by now... I don't want to pay for an app that must run at every startup... I do not know how to program automator... Can we just get the extensions OFF please................ apple help me!!! Please!! (BigSur 11.6)

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 12:20 PM

Johannes_appel wrote:

I do not want to see any file extensions - Please help with a PERMANENT off or HIDE setting... I have tried all I could find on the web, there must be a (new) solution by now... I don't want to pay for an app that must run at every startup... I do not know how to program automator... Can we just get the extensions OFF please................ apple help me!!! Please!! (BigSur 11.6)

Finder>Preferences>Advanced>Turn off file extensions

Change Finder preferences on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2021 12:20 PM in response to Johannes_appel

Johannes_appel wrote:

Finder>Preferences>Advanced>Turn off file extensions

Change Finder preferences on Mac - Apple Support

I do not want to see any file extensions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.