Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Mini Battery Life bad?

Does anyone else's battery life seem awful for the new iPhone 13 Mini? I heard it was supposed to be a huge improvement from the iPhone 12 Mini battery, so I finally upgraded from my iPhone 8, which was at 76% battery capacity when I traded in. Though it seems like I'm barely getting a day of average usage out of the new iPhone 13--i.e., not much better than my 4-year-old iPhone 8. For example, while FaceTiming earlier, my battery level drained from 34 - 11% from 10 - 11 am. For comparison, the iPhone SE operating at 87% capacity on the other end of the line drained at around the same rate, from ~75% - 50%. Could something be wrong with the iPhone 13 Mini battery? Or does this sound normal? I didn't update any settings after trading in the iPhone 8 for the 13 Mini a few days ago--I just left my phone as-is after the AT&T store imported my iCloud backup. I've generally always followed all the battery-saving tricks we're supposed to, like screen brightness/etc.

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 12:07 AM

Let it settle, check for grossly bad apps like Nextdoor in Settings, Battery graph.

Click on this link and links in that article.

iPhone Battery and Performance

Similar questions

4 replies

iPhone 13 Mini Battery Life bad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.