Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone Enquiry

Hi,

I recently had my iphone battery and screen replaced, How ever when i try charging the phone it shows the battery symbol then after few minutes the phone starts up to apple logo then all of a sudden goes into blank screen with back display light ON,

Iv been using the device for a long time and it needed a software upgrade which i decided not to do, Due to the handset having Full Memory,

Can somebody tel me if they had this experienced this fault with their device before and if its repairable,

Any help/ advice would be appreciated

Thank you

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 3:27 PM

The repair was seemingly unsuccessful, and you will want to discuss this with whoever performed the repairs.

I’m mildly surprised you opted to repair an iPhone 6 Plus past maybe a battery swap, as that cannot be upgraded past iOS 12.

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 18, 2021 11:51 AM in response to MrHoffman

Hi,

I installed the screen and replaced the battery, The previous battery was faulty,

When i had the screen installed everything was working, How ever the new battery needed charging,

The phone switched on fine then after alittle it switched off all of sudden,

I plug the device on charge it came up with the battery symbol, and was charging normal,

How ever when it boots up, the apple logo comes up then it immediately turns to blank screen with back lights on,

i was wondering if i did a full restore would that help fox the issue?

Thank you

Any advice would be appreciate

Oct 18, 2021 12:21 PM in response to Flexa69

A full restore won’t hurt, and it will get you a current copy of your data, but I’d tend to doubt it will help.

The repair was less than successful; whether a problem during install or with the replacement parts is unclear.

Assuming the restore fails to resolve this, you’re going to get to decide if you want to try a different display, or a different iPhone.

Iphone Enquiry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.