Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone is not turning on

My IPhone turned off because the battery was empty. I connected the IPhone to the charger, however it didn't restart. There didn't came a sign of a low battery, which is normally there when charging. Also after an hour, there was still no activity. I connected the IPhone to my laptop and ITunes. Here there was a message that I needed to 'recover and update' my IPhone. After I did this, there was an Apple logo on my IPhone screen and a loading bar as if the IPhone did a restart after downloading a new software, so the screen is still working and the charger as well. However, after this the screen turned black again and the message that my IPhone needs to 'recover and update' (in ITunes) popped up again. I did it again, but found myself in the same situation after. What can I do to start my IPhone again? I also tried to restart the IPhone by pressing volume up, volume down button and after the on and off button for some time. Did not work. Also pressed volume up and on and off button at the same time for a while.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 2:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 5:35 AM

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support ⬅︎⬅︎ try this again

⬇︎⬇︎

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Note: If iPhone still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen.

Try recovery mode...see full instructions in the above link...

⬇︎⬇︎

1. Connect your device to a computer. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.

Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2020 5:35 AM in response to QuintyKoelman

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support ⬅︎⬅︎ try this again

⬇︎⬇︎

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Note: If iPhone still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen.

Try recovery mode...see full instructions in the above link...

⬇︎⬇︎

1. Connect your device to a computer. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.

Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.

Iphone is not turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.