Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video quits after a few minutes of play

When I try to play a video (i.e. my yoga workout) via airplay from my iPad air, it plays for a minute or so and then goes to the swirling asterisk or quits completely. Works well on streaming apps. Thoughts anyone? It's an older Apple TV. I don't know where to start in figuring out the issue. The iOS is up to date on the iPad, don't know about the Apple TV, don't know how to check.

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 10:12 AM

Please try another HDMI cable, at the least it should be a 4K HDMI cable. If the problem continues you may want to call AppleCare for additional ideas. You can use the following link to find the phone number in your area: AppleCare contact Information

Similar questions

7 replies

Oct 19, 2021 10:40 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Problem solved. I don't believe it had anything to do with the hardware or Apple TV (I did swap out the cable). I tested with a few random YouTube videos and it worked fine. I then downloaded the video from the source I was having issues with and played it and it worked fine with the video downloaded instead of streaming. I'm guessing there was some sort of time out issue with the streaming or buffering or something to do with the way the site handled it. Thanks for the help.

Video quits after a few minutes of play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.