Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio from iphone 7 to projector

Using a lightning to HDMI adapter on my iphone 7, I am trying to watch Netflix/HBO Max on my projector. I get mirroring just fine, but audio doesn't come through. It works fine on Youtube, Tubi, Pandora, etc., so it has to be some sort of setting issue, but I can't find it. Tried my iphone 8, and it does the same thing.

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 12:42 PM

Hello Mikeyboy1 and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty mirroring content from an iPhone to a projector over and HDMI connection.

There are a couple of possibilities here. The solvable one would be that the adapter is not passing audio with some content. However, the more likely answer is related to digital rights management as it is enabled for the sites you are having an issue with. As these are all 3rd-party services, you will want to reach out to them directly for clarification.

How to contact an app developer

Cheers

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2021 12:42 PM in response to Mikeyboy1

Hello Mikeyboy1 and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty mirroring content from an iPhone to a projector over and HDMI connection.

There are a couple of possibilities here. The solvable one would be that the adapter is not passing audio with some content. However, the more likely answer is related to digital rights management as it is enabled for the sites you are having an issue with. As these are all 3rd-party services, you will want to reach out to them directly for clarification.

How to contact an app developer

Cheers

Audio from iphone 7 to projector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.