Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMS Messages Do Not Delete Between iPhone and Watch

Hello. I have found myself spending countless hours with apple care to find out why my sms messages will not delete across the iPhone and watch. Deleting an sms message on the iPhone will not delete on the watch (even if "mirror phone" is selected) and vice versa. I was told in my last call to apple care that this is not supported by the system and that I would need to continue to manually delete sms messages from my watch. Is this accurate? I cannot understand why they do not sync in this way and why they do not truly mirror each other. Any suggestions (with instructions) would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 6:47 AM

You need to delete on the watch separately from on the iPhone.

This is the way the OS is programed.

You can suggest otherwise to Apple by leaving your feedback directly with them. Apple watch feedback

5 replies

Oct 24, 2021 10:10 AM in response to Fixit2006

Fixit2006 wrote:

Apple needs to address this issue with a new iOS update. Come on apple engineers, get your stuff working right. A few lines of codes and voilà!!

You are not writing Apple on this user to user only forum. Telling other users what Apple Engineers need to do is as valuable as shouting into the wind.

A link was provided to you above which you can use to address Apple. Use it.

SMS Messages Do Not Delete Between iPhone and Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.