Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch don't sync deleted SMS/iMessages whit iphone

My iPhone and Apple Watch don't sync deleted SMS/iMessages well. When I

delete a message on the phone, it does not delete it from the watch,

the same happens when I delete it from the watch, then the message is

not deleted from the phone. The phone and the watch have the latest

software. There is no problem with adding / deleting contacts to the

phone book and deleting recent calls.

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 2:44 PM

I should have been more specific.

iMessage is different and iMessage messages deleted on Apple Watch will delete across ALL of your devices which sync with iCloud.

SMS/MMS messages however are NOT iMessage and they do NOT sync across devices when deleted on Apple Watch. Nor will they delete from Apple Watch if deleted from iPhone.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 2:44 PM in response to QBA1978

I should have been more specific.

iMessage is different and iMessage messages deleted on Apple Watch will delete across ALL of your devices which sync with iCloud.

SMS/MMS messages however are NOT iMessage and they do NOT sync across devices when deleted on Apple Watch. Nor will they delete from Apple Watch if deleted from iPhone.

Apple Watch don't sync deleted SMS/iMessages whit iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.