Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple TV ethernet port inop and setup not showing wireless menu.

As the subject says this is a new Apple TV with a dead ethernet port. It has been checked with several different cables on three different routers (other devices work fine). Resetting the device through itunes produces no change in function. I can choose whether to setup with a iphone or manually after which I receive the failed connection on the iphone (301003) or no network detected error on the apple tv respectfully. My iphone and the apple tv are communicating as designed, the issue seems to be the apple tv failing to complete the registration through my iphone and then proceeding to allow for wireless network configuration.

Why isn't the apple tv prompting me with the wireless network settings screen after failing to detect an ethernet connection? Is there a way to force or program the wifi settings into the apple tv via a pc or mac.

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 6:46 PM

Sounds like there is more to play here than just a non-functioning Ethernet port. Since it's new, I'd suggest taking it back to the Apple Store and asking the staff to check it and exchange it if found to be faulty.

1 reply

New Apple TV ethernet port inop and setup not showing wireless menu.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.