Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network Devices Not Showing up in Finder

After years of working fine, this problem has suddenly cropped up.

My Mac server shows up in the side bar of finder. If I click on it, finder does not show the devices and displays "Not Connected"

If I got to the menu and do GO>COnnect to Server Finder lists the shared disks on the server.

If I click BROWSE on that dialog, nothing shows up.

If I do GO>Connect to Server and select the disk, I get a finder TAB that is conected to the disk. However, finder still shows "Not Connected" if I select the server. There is a button "CONNECT AS" but, if i click it, nothing happens.

If I close that TAB, I cannot get back to the shared drive.

I have to explicitly DISCONNECT from the server and reconnect as before.

MacBook Pro 17″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 5:13 AM

Try this...

Uncheck Servers in Finder>Prefs>Sidebar...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Recheck Servers in Finder>Prefs>Sidebar.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2021 5:13 AM in response to Big-Jim-Slade

Try this...

Uncheck Servers in Finder>Prefs>Sidebar...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Recheck Servers in Finder>Prefs>Sidebar.

Network Devices Not Showing up in Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.