Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ways to change buttons and other functions for alarm in Apple watch

I think the Apple Watch alarm functionality needs to be revisited and revised.

Here are the issues I’m finding. If I’m using my phone as the alarm, the hard buttons snooze the alarm. Much like regular alarm clocks, snooze is the big easy button you can hit while still half asleep. You have to wake up and actually be somewhat alert to hit the dismiss button on a regular basis.

If I’m wearing the watch, there are 2 issues. If I hit the hard buttons, which is easy to do while half asleep, it dismisses the alarm. If I cover the whole screen, which is also easy to do while half asleep, it silences the alarm including the vibration, without snoozing or dismissing.

if the watch is in nightstand mode, the hard buttons snooze. However if I knock the watch off the magnet, which is easy to do while half asleep, I switch the watch out of nightstand mode very briefly, and dismiss the alarm instead of snoozing it.

I hope the theme of this is clear, you should t be able to be half asleep and easily dismiss or quite your alarm. Can we get an ability to customize the button and gesture functions for alarms in the Apple Watch? Or am I missing something and this is already an option?

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 9:55 AM

I don't think this is an option in the current software, and I understand exactly your problem of sending the alarm from both Watch and iPhone away without waking fully. Go to the Feedback page and post your comments direct to Apple's developers. https://www.apple.com/feedback

Similar questions

1 reply

Ways to change buttons and other functions for alarm in Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.