You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error while trying to sync audio and midi when opening UAD console

Ok, so I know this problem "Error while trying to sync audio and midi" creeps up sometimes with buffer issues, but this is just ridiculous. Logic is laggy and cannot open UAD console without this Error while trying to sync audio and midi happening.

Everything is up to date, software, drivers etc plus this is literally a brand new mac mini with 64gb of ram and 3.2ghz 6 core. I am also using a lower resolution screen UI to help with additional lag issues but I have had old powerbooks that run better than this setup. I have UA apollo 8 running approx 30 audio tracks (not full start to finish) at 96khz.

Also using the highest i/o buffer setting. Just super frustrated considering I've had older machines run better.

Any thoughts?

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 9:59 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 19, 2021 3:41 AM in response to justinhowley

Hi,

Sync issues can be tricky and in some cases they are due to a system bottleneck.

Apple has this https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204466

Do you have any other audio devices open (e.g. Spotify, iTunes, youtube etc ) ?

• If yes this can cause sample rate conflicts.

Are you using a hub to connect the Apollo?

• If yes try removing and testing.

Are you writing to an external drive? Using a hub with the drive?

• Try testing with a project on the internal HD
  • Remove the hub in the path to the drive and test.

Fun Question: What colour is your play head? Is it blue? This means logic is set for external or manual MIDI Sync.

• Try setting the File : Project Settings : Synchronization : Sync Mode to "Internal"

If you do a cold boot ( full power cycle everything ) restart, launch the the Meter and Console

Go into Logic: Do you get the same error?

You may need to reach out to UAD, they may have a solution based upon experience.

If none of this helps can you elaborate on your environment?

I hope this helps

Don

Oct 18, 2021 10:19 AM in response to justinhowley

Hi Justin,

Try the following

Logic : Preferences : Audio : Devices :

• Multithreading: Playback and Live Tracks
  • Summing: High Precision (64 bit )

Preferences : Audio : General:

• Plug-in Latency : Compensation: All ( this is critical with UAD to manage the external device with Logic. Note you may notice some UI lag (i.e. meter needle) with the UAD plug-ins with this setting. )

Also

UAD Meter and Control Panel

Configuration: UAD-2 DSP check Extra Buffering

Hope this helps.

Don

( If this was helpful please mark as such or mark as Solved if that is the case ) 

Error while trying to sync audio and midi when opening UAD console

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.