Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

messages on my iphone won't sync to my Macbook, although both use the same Apple ID password

text messages on my iPhone 11 have stopped syncing to my Macbook pro running Big Sur. No recent software changes. I've updated my Apple ID and password on both, and they are the same, but this doesnt help. I haven't found the help screens provided by Apple helpful either - they just tell me to do what I have already done. Maybe the solution is so obvious to the Apple experts that they can't imagine anyone needing help with it. Regardless, my messaging is not working the way it should. I'd appreciate any suggestions !

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 2:18 AM

Set up iCloud on all your devices

Apps and features that use iCloud

Keep your messages up to date with iCloud and on the iPhone >> Settings >> Messages >> Text Forwarding >> Make use the computer is listed for this feature and Enabled

1 reply

messages on my iphone won't sync to my Macbook, although both use the same Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.