Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari cannot download the file "unknown" due to disk space (error after migrating profile)

I just purchased a MacBook Pro 2020 and migrated my profile from my 2014 MacBook. When I go to download a file from Safari I get the above error message. Disk space is not the issue. I tried to set a different download folder, ie desktop or create a new one, and still get the same message. I have read and write on for the downloads folder.

Any help is appreciated!

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 6:16 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 19, 2021 12:42 PM in response to Wilcomax

Hello Wilcomax,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities about an alert for disk space.

Since you have plenty of disk space, this is most likely related to permissions on the disk. This article will help: Change permissions for files, folders, or disks on Mac - Apple Support

You can choose to work on that individual folder, or your Home folder. Then click to apply to all inclosed folders. Thanks.

Safari cannot download the file "unknown" due to disk space (error after migrating profile)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.